Following on from the success of GRAPHENlube, Absolute Black has released GRAPHENwax, its new hot melt chain wax for your drivetrain.
Here’s a primer for those new to chain waxing. On one end of the spectrum you’ve got drip-application lubes, like Silca or CeramicSpeed; at the other you have full wax baths, which is the category in which GRAPHENwax falls. There are also products that fall somewhere in between.
According to AbsoluteBlack: “We have learned that a portion of riders simply prefer hot waxing their chains to maintain the ‘clean look’ of a drivetrain. However, regular paraffin waxing has plenty of drawbacks, and this is why we’ve created GRAPHENwax.
“It’s a super pliable, non-crumble, quiet, clean and extremely easy to break in formula. It exhibits excellent durability while maintaining impressively low friction for a prolonged period of time, in both wet and dry conditions.
“And besides, it’s by far the easiest wax to break in after the chain cools down – simply hold your chain in one hand and then run it between the two fingers of your free hand (as seen in this video) and job done. No more solid paraffin sticks or backpedalling issues.
“Our wax also doesn’t crumble, chip or leave any marks thanks to our proprietary formula. It’s everything you wished for in a hot melt wax.”
GRAPHENwax goes well with World Tour-winning GRAPHENlube, and AbsoluteBlack continues to work closely with UAE Team Emirates. If you plan longer rides, you can “top it up” with GRAPHENlube; the chain won’t require re-cleaning.
GRAPHENwax in a nutshell
- No need to painstakingly manipulate chainlinks to get chain flexibility back. Just run your fingers once along the chain length and job done.
- It’s the most quiet hot melt wax you’ll ever use
- It doesn’t flake off like other waxes, which means no more mess once you put the chain on the bike
- You don’t have to loosen the chain off as you do with other waxes; from get-go you can easily back pedal
- It’s quiet for a long time because it sticks better to the side of link plates, enhancing shifting performance
- It melts faster in the crockpot, saving you time
- It lasts longer thanks to the wax flexibility and Graphene addititve
- It delivers an incredibly low friction
- It doesn’t melt off your chain on a hot day
GRAPHENwax will be available in Australia in March 2021. Australian RRP is $55.95.
For further information, visit the FE Sports website.