A gravel ride organised by a brewery in one of Australia’s most scenic alpine riding locations, need we say more?
5Zero is a true community event. On Saturday, 26 October 2019 the High Country trails will open up for a 38km and 53km gravel ride, organised by the Bright Brewery with all profits promoting cycling within the region.
This is the second year of 5Zero which aims to develop cycling in the region in an environmentally and sustainable way. 5Zero is also committed to bolstering the sustainability of the sport by raising funds for greater private road access along with continual trail maintenance.
In a nutshell, 5Zero is really living up to the environmental promise:
- Bright Brewery’s chefs will have energy bars and balls at each feed station – scrapping any need for gels or plastic wrapped snacks.
- The course will use marshalls aboard E-Bikes for assistance and there will be zero traditional course signage.
- Routes are available for device download so you won’t need a paper map.
- Water stations will be available on course to refill bidons. It goes without saying but you won’t find single-use bottles here.
- Reusable cups for coffees pre-ride and for post-event beers.
Bright Brewery will be the hub for 5Zero. Their chefs will prepare food for the course and there’s a delicious veggie burger, washed down with their own beer for every rider afterwards. All entries include a ‘keep cup’, refreshments on course and a meal at the finish. The party continues long after you’re out of the chammois with live music on course and back at the brewery. Finally, 100% of the profits go back to growing and fostering cycling in the Bright region.
When: Saturday, 26 October 2019
Where: Bright Brewery, Bright, Victoria
What: Rides accessible to MTB, E, CX, and gravel bikes
Cost: Early-bird entries are open until 30 September. Early-bird: 38km $56.25 & 53km $75.